• show-popup

Company Magic Jack
Location Orlando, Florida
Category Equipment Gadgets - Wi-Fi, USB, Electronics
Views 23

I bought a Magic Jack at Best Buy approx.mid Dec.

2011. I installed it on my PC and tried to use it .I could hear a dialtone, dialed a number, heard a ringing sound, and when the panel the PC screen showed a connection, the phone went dead. However, the screen showed I was connected right up until the called number hung up. Since then I have called my cell number several times, the same result of unusability is what it produced.

When I bought the program it cost $79.95, but to activate and recieve a phone number I had to pay an additional $79.95. Now I have, today, tried to use their tech support only to find out that if i were satisfied with the the results of the tech support I would be charge another $28.

From what I remember of the TV add $79.95 was the the entire cost to make this operational.Does this come under the heading of fruad or false advertising? 30300b7

Comments (2) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Feb 19, 2012
Before complaining about the Magic Jack check your telephone, I found some of the phones do not work well with the magic jack, secondly some telephone companies do not allow magic jack calls.
Reply to If Best Buys will not take bac

Feb 19, 2012
Reply to If Best Buys will not take bac

Read next Magic Jack complaint

Item returned by no refund given over $100

I had purchased magic jack but on same day decided to return it.I had signed up for the 5 year plan...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Magic Jack.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug