Magic Jack Rip Off

682 of 2289 Magic Jack Reviews
Feb 10, 2012

I thought this product was so ingenious I had to have one!I bought the more expensive model so I could keep my existing telephone number, just to find out after opening it that it would be $10 more than the base model per year, another $19.99 to have the line "ported" from AT&T then of course the product itself was $69.99 instead of $30.

Ok I said. I can deal with all that provided this little mechanism does what it says it will do. And all with a 100% "RISK FREE"MONEY BACK GUARANTEE... Right?

WRONG. So thrilled to hook up and he's have dial tone... Cool! My first call was terrible!

Lots of blanks in the conversation, then dropped. Ok try again. Second call was even worse. The person on the other end couldn't hear a word I was saying.

So then the kicker. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER! Haha oh great. I found a chat line after half an hour of searching, then started charting my concerns.

A whole problem in and of itself. Bottom line... They won't refund my $$, they have thousands of complaints on the better business bureaus site along with an investigation for fraud.

So people.STAY AWAY is all I have to say.

6262e78
Review #295896
2.5
I had the same issue 0
Had an experience with Magic jack?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
unhappy customer

Feb 17, 2012

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Rayna'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK554036970794X
debra trean: hello
debra trean: are u there///
Rayna: Hello, how may I help you?
debra trean: i can not get my magic jack to work
Rayna: May I know the exact nature of your problem with full details please?
debra trean: it is pretty simple I can not get the magic jack to work it shows the page with the numbers on it but does not show my phone number above it is all 000-ooo-oooo and does not work at all
Rayna: Please wait while I check that for you
debra trean: it also shows a page that says insert your magic jack to make calls and i have no clue what that means
Rayna: Please click on this link to download and run magicjack upgrade
debra trean: where is there an upgrade on that page i do not see it
Rayna: Please click on the above link
debra trean: i did
debra trean: i do not see any upgrade area on it ...I am a mac user if that makes a difference
debra trean: this is the same page I contacted you on
Rayna: 1. Please go to Go > Utility > open disk utility
Rayna: 2. On disk utility window please look for Ymax magicjack 17.7 MB
Rayna: 3. Click on the "Erase" tab to the right of the list of drives.
Rayna: 4. Click on the “Erase” tab to the right of the list of drives. The window will now display the options for
... Show more

mal

Feb 14, 2012

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR MJ TO PORT MY NUMBER OVER TO VONAGE FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS AND IT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE..NO LIVE REP YOU HAVE TO TEXT THEM FRO THEIR WEB PAGE,AND MORE THAN LIKELY YOU GET SOMEONE FROM A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY WHO DOSENT HAVE ACCESS TO A DATABASE AMONG OTHER THINGS..
THEY HAVE NEARLY 3,000 COMPLAINTS FROM BBB WHO I FILED A CLAIM WITH,I ALSO FILED WITH FTC,CONSUMER REPORT AND FCC..

Deede

Feb 10, 2012

I was receiving calls from a man that knew everything about me, my husband, and my family. He started to phone stalk me and knew private things about me that know one would've known if you weren't in my life. I called the police and they told me that hackers can and do *** into Magic Jack and listen to your calls. The creep that was calling me was trying to scare me, but the police said it happens all the time and they usually steal your bank info or identity info...I immediately disconnected and will never use Magic Jack. When I chatted with the Magic Jack rep - they couldn't even tell me where the calls were coming from.

Michael Gabriel

Feb 10, 2012

Tell everyone you know to avoid this company - call yourt credit card company and file a complaint - these greedy weasels have doubled the price and I never would have ordered one of I had known.

×
You were reading a complaint about Magic jack.
Filing a new complaint about
×