Magic jack - MagicJack problems

2145 of 2296 Magic Jack Reviews
Nov 25, 2008
review #142121

I had several issues with the magicjack; my husband and I had two seperate users, but it wouldn't work on both.Also, a lot of times when I'd pick up the phone to call out there would be no dial tone and it would not dial.

Sometimes it will dial and say it connected but then drop the call after one or two seconds. And tonight, for over an hour, I have tried to call my home phone (the one connected to the MagicJack) from my cell phone and keep getting a message stating that all circuts are busy.

In conclusion, if I cannot send or receive calls, what is the point of this device?

88272df
2.5
Had an experience with Magic jack?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
2145 of 2296 Magic Jack Reviews
Llalex

Nov 23, 2013

We have had Magic Jack for approximately 2months. All of a sudden callers are receiving a message that our phone is disconnected! When working with a tech on love chat we were suddenly disconnected....it was past 7pm est! They dropped the call and did not bother calling back. Poor customer service, lousy equipment and difficult to return!

wildcatjane@att.net

Sep 13, 2012

I'm not able to transport my number. Error message is my credit card security code is invalid. Magicjack says its my internet provider but it happens with both att and centurylink. any ideas??

Ronald brewer

Sep 11, 2012

I would like to talk to some one on the telephone, I need a number I can talk to a person, I having problem with my magic jack.

Nancy Lewis

Sep 06, 2012

I am having constant problems wit MJ and I have had it for a couple of years. At firs there were no problems. There are no conversations now and I signed up for 5 years! I cannot do business!!!
I loved it and thought it was a great deal. Now, it never works well. The calls I make leaves the person the other end frustrated, yelling loudly to me and saying they can't hear me. I can hear them some of the times, at other times, I can hear them. They tell me I sound like I am under water

sonny@atmc.net

May 16, 2012

my mj worked pretty good, for a while, then not enough loudness, very low, my phone is as loud as it will go. if your computer goes off, due to power failure, then you got to set it up all over again, like this morning.big storm last night. help if you can, don;t purchase this product, they have a lots of inproving to do.

Damaris

Mar 22, 2012

My MJ can only receive calls, but I cannot dial out. What can be the problem?

Ruth

Jan 08, 2012

Same problems. Worked great for a couple of times, now I cannot get it to ring (even though it has a dial tone) AND WHAT IS SO AGGRAVATING IS THAT YOU CANNOT CONTACT ANYBODY AT MAGIC JACK TO GET HELP.

Brenda Simpkins Primer

Jan 02, 2012

jUST INSTALL THE MAGICJAKE MY PHONE IS DOING OUTING CALL HOW DO I FIX THIS HELP!!!can someo

JP

Dec 30, 2011

I have a MAC desk top home computer with an ethernet connection and therefore use a modem. If you also use a modem, check to see if there is an empty ethernet port on the back of it before you bother buying a magic jack plus. If you can't connect the magic jack via the ethernet cord to the modem, you can't use a magic jack. I have asked which external router would work to connect both the computer and the magic jack to the internet via the modem and 2 hours with customer service, I'm still waiting. Thank God for on line solitaire or I'd go nuts waiting

judy dewalt  iggisboy@cox.net

Dec 29, 2011

Why cannot call Montana, you say the USA, and world, but that is noy true.

JK

Dec 23, 2011

I purchased 800 international minutes on MJ & have only used 200 at most. Last night I made a call & rrecording said I have 29 minutes left!!! Where are my 600 minutes??? No one to call. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS DEVICE!!!! BIG RIPOFF!!!!!

mustang.marcy@yahoo.com

Nov 06, 2011

i bought magic jack from a previous owner and haow do i configure it to my computor

jvmarting@att.net         Jean

Oct 12, 2011

Ican not call any body on my magic jack . i bought it on 5/16/11 so it should be still good Please tell me how i can resolve this problem Jeannette Martin

Sue

Oct 05, 2011

:( I work from home. I am on the phone for 8 hours a day. This thing worked great for a couple of weeks. I purchased a new computer (top of the line) and now it won't work. I cut in and out, can't talk to my customers. I have purchased expensive cords and tried everything. I purchased the jack and 5 years of service...and now have NO WAY to contact customer service. :cry I am really ticked!!!!!

Pat      at pattypoo40@hotmail

Jun 30, 2011

My magicjack worked sorta fine for a while but then I plugged in another telephone into a jack & now the phone only rings a half a ring & disconnects. Any help with that. I have talked to their chat but they don't know what to do. I have no one in my area who knows anything about mj. The person who hooked it up for me has moved away. He did some rewiring but don't know what.
Please help

tom king

May 07, 2011

We are extremely upset with Magic Jack. Since we re-uped we have no dial tone or are cut off within two seconds and loose our calls after a few minutes calling or we can't even get a dial tone even though the phone connected to it is working. Don't waste your money with this device as you will pay the money out in medication after you get so agrivated.

Caroline

Mar 07, 2011

I purchased internationial minutes and cannot make international calls. They have submitted the problem to engineering and have no resolution date. Skype works great. Magic Jack sells and cannot deliver. Good luck with the chat tech support also. Ive asked for my money back and have to wait.

BL

Feb 25, 2011

My MJ doesn't work either..It worked twice but now
I have no dial tone and can not call out!

ken

Feb 20, 2011

I have had this MJ for about a week and my mom gets a busy signal when she tries to call me from her landline 1150 miles away.if she call from her cell phone it rings one time and goes to a busy signal. the techs from magicjack I don't think knows whats wrong, they told me to turn off my anti virus as I AM NOT doing that as that should not have anything to do with the problem.

1-20 of 33 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Magic jack.
Filing a new complaint about
×