• show-popup

Company Magic Jack
Location Green Valley, Arizona
Category Equipment Gadgets - Wi-Fi, USB, Electronics
Views 120

After several months of attempting to communicate with a 'Live Chat Person,' at Magic Jack in order to transfer my number to Vonage at my new house, I have been unsuccessful.I have given the ID Number that they have requested a dozen times but the transfer never happened.

I kept receiving an error message that Vonage was unable to secure the number from Magic Jack because they did not have the ID number. I gave the ID number via the internet to Magic Jack and Vonage had the ID number as well. Be aware of a Company that does not have people you can actually talk to ......I could not wait forever, my job requires a home phone.

Magic Jack audio never worked for me, so after six months, I gave up and needed a working home phone.A very disappointing and frustrating experience for me, not to be able to keep my home number. 3029333

Comments (7) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 24, 2012
you can get almost exactly the same service without a "jack" through Google Talk. If you have Gmail, a mic and speakers you already have everything you need, for free!
Reply to janene bouck

Jan 02, 2012
I have it MJ and it suks.I call my folks and it says there number not in service and have to dial it like 4 time's to get throw.It really suks.Im sending it back .
Reply to Roy

Jan 02, 2012
Reply to Roy

Dec 18, 2011
Magix jack sucks. when you call magic jack from a vonage number it says disconnected. when you tryt to get support they waste your time with some dumb *** that can not type emglish. There is no Magic with this ppoor jack. don't waste your money and you will never save time.... time is money and wasted alot of it with Magic Jerks.. FU MJ
Reply to Vonage is Way Better

Nov 28, 2011
Thanks for the warning. I was planning to buy everyone in my family the new MJ, for a total of 12, this Christmas, but not now!!!
Reply to Big Mike

Oct 19, 2011
They kept my phone number hostage, until I paid them the $31.44 U.S. Phone Number - Port Out. This was after I have been dealing with their crappy customer service for a week.
Reply to Robin

Oct 19, 2011
The name should be called Magicjacka**
Reply to Robin

Read next Magic Jack complaint

MagicJack guilty of product and service...

Anyone interested in begining a class action suite please contact meConcerning MagicJack, BBB Complaint Description:...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Magic Jack.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug